Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Intro To Poetry

1) The significance of the title is that what shapes and defines who we really are is the contribution of both ourselves and our actions and the surrounding environment. With assistance of each other, we and our surroundings can find the person we truly are. 
2) Working Together has a reflective and reasoning. The author of the piece continually compares the nature of life and how we are involved with our surroundings and vice versa. I felt as if the author was utilizing contrasting components of life in effort to prove a point and make a connection between individuals and their surroundings. I feel that he is briefly acknowledging the cycle and rotation we go through each and every day and what we make of it and ourselces. 
3) when reviewing all of the poems in class, this specific poem stood out to me the most. Rating it a 9/10, I was fascinated by how much I could relate to it. I felt like the author had written a poem based on my life without even knowing who I am. 
4) I believe the mood of the play is undermining. While reading, I feel that the author undermined the capabilities Earth contains and  opportunities it provides us with but then turns the mood around towards the end and begins to depict and admiration for the earth and all it does for its inhabitants. 
5) to me, the author has several shifts in his piece. He goes from undermining the earth to admiring it from verse to verse. 
6) the theme of the poem is the power of influence. We as human beings are constantly influenced by our peers, environment, and all other things that we begin to shape ourselves in ways that others believe we should be and not the way we want ourselves to be. We continually undermine our relationship or hour surroundings and also our ability to be the person we wish to be. 

This in-depth analysis of the poem alone and yet with my partner helped me better understand the author's purpose and method in creating such an inspirational poem. With this deeper knowledge, I am now in a position in which I can combine it into an essay in which I can compare and contrast the poem to another 

No comments:

Post a Comment