Monday, August 18, 2014

Reflection on Week #1

1. No, there are no factors that are going to affect my participation and experience in this class this school year. Yes I have full access to a computer at home. Yes I do have a Mobil smart phone I will be using throughout this coarse as well. To be honest I'm not quite sure on what you meant by transportation but yes I have a car, license and I'm at school everyday! Friends and family? I have the best of the best. They are 1000% supportive with my life especially academics! My schedule this year is pretty easy I would have to say! This class is by far the hardest coarse I am taking with AP Stats following up. 
2. An awesome best learning experience that I had learned is probably being apart of the Special Olympics club at school. Learning about their disorders and how they have to cope with them while trying to live a normal life is truly inspiring. Every Saturday for a month or so I would help volunteer at the bowling alley with the "special athletes" and they would change my day in a heartbeat. What makes each and everyone of those kids is how happy and enthusiastic they are all the time. This mentally changed my and my insight on life because then I started to realize I shouldn't take my perfect health for granted. They're are people and kids out there that are struggling to live a normal life or even trying their hardest to make ends meet and I sit there and complain that I have to do a little bit of chores to help out my parents. Observing these kids really makes me appreciate so many things not only not taking my life for granted but how the way I treat people all together. Life is such a precious thing and the older you get the more you realize and comprehend that. 
3. I am most excited about the amount of technology that is used throughout this class. This "open source learning" is an amazing teaching tool and I'm ecstatic to start engaging in it! What I am most concerned about is the work load you assign in this class because I am an extremely busy person with sports and constantly doing things with my life, but I know that you are just preparing us for college so there shall be no complaining. Adding on top of the college subject I am looking forward to preparing myself  to how a college coarse is ran compared to a normal college coarse class in high school. This will make a practical decision in my life because college is what is going to get me started with my future job and what I will make living from.  

No comments:

Post a Comment